Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Sima's salad

My Persian friend knows my veggie-junkie appetite. Whenever I visit her, she'd make me a huge tray of salads. Her salads are always fanciful, with a distinctively middle-Eastern (ample herbs and no sugar!). And I really love it.

Recipe: Sima's salad (half to one veggie junkie's serving)

Ingredient:
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 small Persian cucumber or Costco's small cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 TB Parsley flakes
- 1 TB mint flakes
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2 TB olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a few walnut pieces

Procedure:
 Chop all vegetables to 1/2" cubes. Mix with all dried herbs. Add vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss or mix well. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add walnut pieces. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment