Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pork and eggplant with BBQ sauce

One afternoon, I was feeling rather bored. As I worked on the household chores, I started praying and told my Lord that, whatever I'd been feeling up to that hour, I wanted to dedicate the remaining hours of the day to His service. My passion on life was rekindled as I remembered the preciousness of each moment. I finished my chores, and then started cooking. Dinner came, and I found myself setting a full table of lovely dishes without much thought. My husband looked at all the dishes with smiling eyes. His senses had long been awakened by the smells from the kitchen. It's such a joy to live to the Lord, and see Him working out wonders in daily life. 


Recipe: Sweet and spicy pork and eggplant fried with BBQ sauce (for 2)


Ingredients:
- 8 oz pork, cut to 1" pieces of 1/4" thick
- 1/2 eggplant, sliced very thinly (1/8" thick)
- 1/2 small onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 tablespoon (TB) BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon (tp) light soy sauce
- 2 TB chipotle oil


Procedure:
Marinate pork in 2 TB chipotle oil for 10 minutes. Warm pan on medium heat. Spread pork evenly on pan. Separate any attached pieces. Turn heat up to med-high to high. Let sizzle for a few minutes. Turn pork to cook all sides. Lower heat to medium when the pork starts giving out water. Add onion and eggplant and make sure they cook in the juice of the pork. Stir to ensure thorough cooking. When water dries up in pan, mix BBQ sauce and light soy sauce with 2 TB water. Add to pan and stir until the liquid dries up, at which point, the BBQ sauce will give out its best aroma. Serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment