Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our second roasted turkey

Before Christmas, my husband received a $20 Butterball gift voucher from his workplace as a Christmas gift. He was looking forward to a roast turkey after the new year. Prices of turkeys and hams generally go up after the festivals. So I went to the local grocery store to exchange the voucher for a 15-lb frozen turkey. A bird in the freezer is always better than 2 in the grocery store. After we'd rested from the feasting of the festivals, I tried out roasting turkey again. This time, I've learnt to bake it uncovered, using foil only to fence the pan, so as to contain the spitting of the turkey fat. For safety's sake, I always cook huge chunks of meat at least 30 minutes longer than the recommended time. The skin looked a little dry, but the meat turned out really tasty! It was such a big bird that we had much to save for later use.



No comments:

Post a Comment