Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Seafood dinner

Ever since I saw scallops on sale in the market, my thoughts had been lingering on how to cook a fresh seafood dinner. Finally a day arrived that the dream materialized. I got a simple recipe from the man who sold me the scallops at the grocery store. The sample he offered me tasted great. So I came home and tested it.


Recipe: Poached fresh scallops (for 1-2)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 1 cup drinking white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon (TB) Dijon mustard


Ingredients of sauce:
- 2 teaspoons (tp) olive oil
- 2 tp hoisin sauce
- 1 TB light soy sauce


Mix white wine, chicken stock and mustard in a pan and boil. Then poach the scallops until translucent. Mix hoisin sauce, oil and soy sauce on heat until integrated. Pour onto scallop and serve.
(If to be eaten without the sauce, then use 1/2 cup Dijon mustard instead of 3 TB when poaching the scallops. That's the original recipe from the man who sold me the scallops.) 


I served it along with a dish of baked crab meat balls that I bought from a grocery store. They made a special little dinner. In this Thanksgiving week, it's first for me to thank my husband for the past whole year of love and encouragement. 




No comments:

Post a Comment