Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Twice baked potato

Though my husband has always been greatly appreciative of my cooking, I often fear that he may miss the food he grows up with. There are days that I just feel the urge to cook something really familiar to him, even if he does not ask for it. I've often felt a blush of embarrassment that I don't know how to bake potato. So I decided one day to learn the twice-baked potato.


Recipe: Twice-baked potato (for 1)


Ingredients:
- 1 medium potato
- 2 teaspoons (tp) yogurt
- 2 tp lowfat cream cheese
- 1 tp butter
- 1 tablespoon (TB) shredded cheese
- 1 tp bacon bits
- 1/4 tp oil


Procedure:
1. Use a brush to clean the surface of the potato thoroughly, scrubbing off all dirts and removing all blemishes on the skin. Dry the surface of the potato with a cloth. Rub a little oil over the skin. Use a fork to pierce holes about 3/4" deep over the surface of the potato. Place in the oven on a rake with drip pan. Bake at 400F for 1.5 hours. When done, the potato will be slightly soft and with wrinkled skin.
2. Cut a wedge, about a quarter the size of the potato, off the top. Scoop out the flesh on the wedge and inside the potato. Be gentle not to break the skin of the potato. Flake the flesh and mix with yogurt, cream cheese and butter. Fill the mixture back into the potato shell. Top with bacon bits and then shredded cheese. Bake in oven at 350F for 30 minutes. Serve hot.



When my husband sampled his potato, he remarked that it's well baked and finished it all. After dinner when I was washing dishes, he quietly slipped in to hug me and give me a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment