Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Simple beef ball

I was going to make some comfort food for my husband's return from work when I discovered that I was running out of beef chunks. So I decided to try making some last minute beef meat balls as a substitute. My first experiment turned out pretty good. It was simple to make, and well fitted for a tasty soup. The baking gave the meat balls a nice smell and a lightly elastic feel in a bite.


Recipe: Beef balls (for 1 serving of soup)


Ingredients:
- 4 oz minced lean beef
- 1 tablespoon (TB) cornstarch
- 3 TB oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (tp) salt
- 1/8 tp pepper
- dash of sugar
- 2 TB water
- 1/4 cup flour for coating


Procedure:
Mix thoroughly beef, oil, salt, pepper, sugar, cornstarch and water. Keep stirring in one direction until the mixture forms a paste. Form ball with hand, and coat with flour. Then set on baking pan. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until surface is browned. Drain fat and cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment